Follow our top winter cleaning tips to ensure your hard floors, carpets and surfaces are kept clean, smelling sweet and well maintained
As we head into the depths of the British winter, it is important to keep your home and business premises clean and fresh. The winter months mean rain, wet shoes and mud are a cleaning concern.
Wet & Muddy Hard flooring
December and January bring some of the highest rainfall in Britain, with rain comes mud, along with the last of the fallen leaves and berries from the Autumn. Mud and debris can be easily trodden into your home or company premises by guests and staff, leaving unsightly dirt and mess on your floors. Cleaning operatives within offices, schools, hospitals, doctors surgeries and other busy, high traffic premises will need to work even harder during the winter to ensure hard floors are kept clean and safe from slipping hazards.
- Vacuum or sweep the flooring to collect and remove loose dry mud, leaves and other debris
- Be sure to put up your ‘Cleaning in Progress’ signs to warn users of the building of wet flooring
- Prepare your floor cleaning solution with warm/ hot water. The warmth of the cleaning solution will help to loosen sticky, muddy deposits
- Using a mop, start at one end of the room and work backwards, towards the room’s exit, using the mop damp on lightly soiled areas and wetter on heavily soiled areas
- Leave any tough dirt to soak in your floor cleaning solution for a few minutes if necessary
- If necessary, dry the flooring with a floor squeegee or wet vac
- Allow the floor to dry fully before finishing with your hard floor polishing machine and floor maintainer to ensure a sparkling, smear-free finish
Clover FloorIT Floor Cleaner 5 Litre – 498Sale!
£4.95Add to basket
Evans Clean and Shine Floor Maintainer 5 Litre£7.95 Add to basket
Sebo BS360 Comfort Upright Vacuum Cleaner£345.00 Add to basket
SYR Cleaning In Progress Safety Sign£6.95 Add to basket
SYR Economy Cotton Changer Mop£3.45 – £4.45 Select options
SYR TC20 Mopping Combo 20 Litre Wringer BucketSale!
SYR Traditional Broom Head – Soft or Hard£4.95 Select options
Victor Contractor 450 Standard Speed Floor Machine 17″ – VR-C450SSale!
£595.00Add to basket
Muddy, Stained, Dirty & Dull Carpets
With all the wet weather, mud and debris during the winter months, our carpets are sure to suffer. Mud and dirt can be trodden into our homes and business premises and will collect in the fibres of your carpets. This mud and dirt can quickly build up to make carpets look dull and discoloured. If the soiling is left in the carpet, it can become harder to remove as it is trodden deeper into the carpet pile.
- Vacuum the carpet to remove any loose dried mud, dirt and debris
- Be sure to use the right cleaning solutions for your carpet type; wool carpets will need to be cleaned with Woolsafe products
- Treat any areas of heavy soiling or staining with a good pre-spray carpet treatment
- Treat any odours in the carpet with a good carpet deodoriser
- Use a good carpet extraction cleaner with your carpet cleaning machine – mix with warm/ hot water depending on the directions, to help to loosen ground-in dirt
- Re-align the carpet pile if necessary with your carpet pile brush
- Allow to dry fully
Prochem Cherry Carpet Deodoriser 5 Litre – B224-05£11.50 Add to basket
Prochem Extraction Plus 5 Litre – S775-05£11.25 Add to basket
Prochem Liquid Woolsafe Carpet Cleaning Liquid 5 Litre – S781-05£16.50 Add to basket
Prochem Prespray Gold 5 Litre – B107-05£29.25 Add to basket
Prochem Steempro Powermax Carpet Cleaning Machine – SX2100Sale!
£2,125.00Add to basket
Prochem Trafficlean Carpet Pre Spray 5 Litre – S710-05£16.75 Add to basket