Follow our top cleaning tips to find out how to remove red wine from carpet
If you have carpets in your home, especially a white, cream or pale coloured carpet, you’ll understand the horror it can cause if anything is spilt on the carpet. In this section we’ll show you how to remove red wine from carpet, as well as other food and drinks with red colouring, which are typically difficult to remove from carpets and fabrics.
If you have a red wine spillage, red fruit juice or red foods such as beetroot, you may think your carpet will never look the same again, but fear not, we’ll share with you our tried and tested method of completely removing red wine and other red coloured food and drink stains from your carpet quickly and easily! This method even works on old stains!
Our method will also work to remove stains from upholstery and fabrics. Some dyes and ink stains can also be treated following the same procedure.
- Blot away as much of the red wine as you can with a clean cloth
- Pre-test in an inconspicuous area with Prochem Red RX
- Apply Prochem Red RX to the stain, following the manufacturer’s directions and safety data
- For very stubborn stains, heat can be used on the area using a steam iron over a clean white towel
- Wait a few moments for the stain to disappear before your eyes!